Cleaning glass windows and doors doesn’t have to be a chore. In fact, with the right tools and techniques, it can be downright easy. Here’s a quick overview of how to clean glass surfaces the right way.
Tips for How to Clean Glass
How to Clean Windows without Streaks
1. First, gather your supplies. You’ll need a clean, soft cloth; a squeegee; and a glass cleaner.
2. Start by dusting or vacuuming the window or door to remove any loose dirt or debris.
3. Next, spray your glass cleaner onto the surface and wipe it down with the soft cloth.
4. Finally, use the squeegee to remove any remaining cleaner and water from the surface. Wipe the blade of the squeegee after each stroke to avoid streaking.
With these simple steps, you can easily keep your glass windows and doors clean all year long. Another trick involves hot water and vinegar – get the insider hack here.
How to Clean Upstairs Windows
If you have hard-to-reach windows, don’t worry – there’s an easy way to clean them, too. All you need is a sponge on a long handle and a bucket of soapy water.
1. Dip the sponge into the soapy water and wring it out until it’s only damp.
2. Wipe the sponge over the window or door, starting at the top and working your way down.
3. Rinse the sponge in clean water and wring it out. Wipe over the surface again to remove any remaining soap.
4. Dry the surface with a clean, soft cloth.
With these simple tips, you can clean upstairs windows easily. Want a professional window cleaner to handle the job? We recommend these local companies.
How to Clean Skylight Windows
Skylights can be tricky to clean. With a little ingenuity though, your skylights will be crystal clear.
The trick is to grab a long handled mop or skylight cleaning pole, twine, and cleaning supplies.
How to Clean Window Screens
1. Start by taking your screens outside and giving them a good shake to remove any loose dirt or debris.
2. Next, use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove any remaining dirt.
3. If the screens are really dirty, you can wash them with soapy water. Just be sure to rinse them thoroughly afterwards.
4. Allow the screens to air dry completely before putting them back in place.
With these simple tips from our window repair experts, you can easily clean your window screens. For more difficult jobs, you may need to hire a professional.
How to Clean Glass Shower Doors
We all know how dirty and cloudy glass shower doors can get! Luckily, we know a simple way to get them clean and clear.
You’ll need a spray bottle, gloves, a sponge, and distilled white vinegar. These supplies help remove the water spots on glass shower doors, which are simply the minerals left behind after water evaporates.